A high quality grazing property with irrigation, a mixture of scrub soils and alluvial plains allowing for diversification with cattle and cropping"
Lake Mary is located 235km from the City of Rockhampton and 210km the major regional centre of Emerald.
Area & Tenure
4,076ha (10,069 acres) FREEHOLD. Lot 4 on Crown Plan LR123.
County of Leura, Parish of Neebie. Shire of Duaringa.
Annual average rainfall 650mm pa. (26 inches)
Rockhampton as a regional city provides the associated services: business professionals, industry services, entertainment, shopping, medical professionals, numerous schools from prep to year 12, TAFE and the CQ University and sporting activities of a regional city with access to the Capricorn Coast, Islands and Great Barrier Reef.
Export abattoirs at Rockhampton, Mackay and Biloela with weekly sales at Emerald and Gracemere. Grain Depot located at Dingo and cotton gins located in the Emerald District.
Lake Mary has rural power, radio tower telephone and fax line are connected to the property. Broadband Satellite Internet Service. Twice weekly mail service.
Lake Mary is situated on the Mackenzie River and is generally black loam soils along the river rising to lighter scrub/forest soils to the centre and falling to black loam soils to the south east. The dark soils are alluvial and were originally timbered with Brigalow, Yellowwood and Coolibah with the balance generally being Softwood, and Bonewood Scrub.
The whole property has been cleared with 240ha (600 acres) irrigated by two T&L centre pivots and a further 279ha (690 acres) partly developed to furrow and flood bay irrigation. 890ha (2200 acres) has been developed to dry land cultivation and the balance approximately 6580 acres developed to grazing with mostly Buffel with bambatsi, panic, florin blue grass and butterfly pea recently introduced.
*All regrowth has been recently re-pulled.
The property is offered with the extraction Licence of 1440 Megalitres of irrigation water from Lake Mary - which is the namesake of the property and is located on the property.
There are three pumping stations on Lake Mary:
1. Lake Mary extraction to farm storage: Volvo 300HP Engine with Model 14 Batescrew pumps with a capacity of 35 megalitres per day
2. McKenzie River Caterpillar 9 litre engine with a Model 17/21 Batescrew pump with a capacity of 50 megalitres per day
3. Farm Storage (100 ML) 2 x Cummings 150 HP engines with separate pumps that can be interconnected to supply the centre pivots
• 2 Centre Pivots x 12 Towers T & L Hydraulic on individual 120ha (300 acre) fields.
• 2 x 120ha (300 acre) irrigated fields planted to improved pastures waters by Centre Pivots
• 280ha (690 acres) flood irrigation area planted to improved pasture and cattle fodder
• 880ha (2,200 acres) previously dry farm cultivation for cash crops which has been established to improved pasture
There are two residences on the property, a machinery shed and attached quarters along with cattle yards to work approximately 750 head.
An application for a 10,000 head feedlot has been submitted with local council (this application is a modification to a previously approved 10,000 head feedlot).
WATER - OFFERED SEPARATELY a) one (1) supplemented water allocation of 828 ML which is a medium priority allocation b) three (3) unsupplemented water allocations totaling a nominal volume of 3,713 ML
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.